Road Accident Claims

We provide expert but affordable legal advice and put our clients first.

Have you been injured in a road traffic accident in Queensland? If you were involved in a road accident as a truck or car driver, motorcycle rider or pillion passenger, bicycle or quad bike rider, a passenger on public transport or a pedestrian, you may have a valuable claim for compensation, even if you were partly at fault.

Each case is unique, and any compensation claim will be based on the nature of the accident and your personal circumstances. As a general guide, you may be eligible to claim for:

  • General damages for pain and suffering.
  • Medical expenses.
  • Rehabilitation expenses.
  • Loss of income.
  • Superannuation benefits.
  • The commercial value of care and assistance costs.
  • Out of pocket expenses.

Be sure to obtain expert legal advice to ensure that your claim is protected and compensation entitlements are maximised.

If you have sustained an injury in a motor vehicle accident, you may be able to make a Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance claim. CTP insurance covers the owner or driver of a motor vehicle in the event that they injure or kill someone in a road accident. If you were involved in a road traffic accident and can prove that you were not at fault, you will be eligible to claim compensation. Those individuals who are deemed to be partially responsible for a road traffic accident, in which they were injured, can still make a claim.

Road trauma and the associated physical and psychological injuries can have a lasting impact on you and your family. As specialists in road injury law, our personal injury lawyers are well-positioned to help you manage your compensation claim on your behalf. Rogalski Lawyers operate on a No Win, No Fee basis, meaning that you will only have to pay your legal fees once your claim has been paid, so give us a call today to discuss your case.


I was involved in a road traffic accident, but the driver at fault was unregistered, am I still able to make a claim?
Yes. The CTP scheme in Queensland makes provisions for those injured in motor vehicle accidents to claim against a person driving an unregistered vehicle.
I was injured in a road traffic accident, but the driver at fault did a hit and run and left the scene. Can I still claim compensation?
Yes. You can claim against an unregistered vehicle (even if it’s unidentified), through the CTP scheme. However, this type of claim requires additional information so all care should be taken to obtain legal help as soon as possible to navigate the claims process.
Can I still claim if I am partly to blame for the accident?
In Queensland, you are still able to claim compensation for injuries sustained in a motor vehicle accident even if you are partly to blame. However, a reduced compensation amount would be awarded, generally lower than would be typically paid in a no-fault claim.
Do time limits apply to road accident claims?
Yes. Various time limits apply to road accident compensation claims, so you are advised to obtain legal advice as soon as possible after the accident.
Am I able to claim on behalf of a family member who died as a result of a car accident?
If your family member was killed in a motor vehicle accident and was not at fault, then you may be able to make a claim. Please call today to speak with one of our personal injury lawyers about your situation or complete our online form and one of our legal representatives will contact you within 24 hours.

Free Case Assessment

Call us today on 1300 848 424 to arrange your no-obligation free case assessment, or fill in our online form.