Total & Permanent Disability Claims

We provide expert but affordable legal advice and put our clients first.

If you are unable to work due to a physical or psychological injury, you may have a viable claim for compensation through your superannuation fund or insurance policy. Your injury does not need to be work-related for you to be able to access your benefits. If you are unable to return to work due to total and permanent disability (TPD) or critical illness, you are encouraged to contact Rogalski Lawyers today to discuss your situation. Our lawyers are experts in personal injury law and are sensitive to your needs. We will guide you through the complexities of the claims process and work together to achieve the best possible outcome.

Each case is unique, and any claim will be based on the nature of the accident or illness and your personal circumstances. As a general guide, you may be eligible to claim for:

  • Pain and suffering.
  • Medical expenses.
  • Rehabilitation expenses.
  • Loss of income.
  • Superannuation benefits.
  • Commercial value of care and assistance costs.
  • Out of pocket expenses.

It is important to remember that superannuation and Insurance companies have different interpretations of what constitutes a total and permanent disability. Our lawyers will help you to understand the conditions of your policy and will lodge a claim on your behalf to obtain the maximum compensation. If you have suffered a total and permanent disability, your financial security is absolutely paramount for your future comfort. Rogalski Lawyers have expertise in TPD claims.

As experts in personal injury law, Rogalski Lawyers are here to help you get the compensation to which you are entitled. Call or email us today for a no-obligation free case assessment. Alternatively, complete our online form, and one of our legal representatives will contact you within 24 hours.


How do I know if I am eligible to claim TPD compensation?
Generally speaking you must meet the definition of  ‘permanently incapacitated’ as per the superannuation regulations. The usual test is whether your injuries will stop you from working in your usual job given your prior experience, training or education.  You may have to meet other criteria and eligibility clauses detailed in your superannuation or insurance policy.
Do I need a lawyer or can I make a TPD claim on my own?
Yes, you can lodge your own claim; however, TPD claims contain small print, hidden eligibility clauses and exclusions that are notoriously difficult to understand. It is strongly recommended that you engage a lawyer who understands TPD claims and who is experienced in personal injury law to manage your claim. Rogalski Lawyers specialise in personal injury law and offer a no-obligation free case assessment, so give us a call today to discuss your rights.
My injuries are not work-related, can I still claim?
Yes. You can make a claim against your superannuation or insurance policy irrespective of whether your injury occurred during your employment, self-employment or in a non-occupational context.
How much will it cost me in legal fees?
We offer a no-obligation free case assessment and then act on a No Win, No Fee policy where you only pay legal fees once your case has reached a successful conclusion. We provide you with full disclosure of our legal fees if we believe you have a viable claim. We have nothing to hide. We always ensure that you receive the majority of compensation.

Free Case Assessment

Call us today on 1300 848 424 to arrange your no-obligation free case assessment, or fill in our online form.