There are strict time limits on workers compensation claims, so it is essential that you obtain legal advice as soon as possible after an accident. The claims process is time-sensitive and complex. It pays to engage an experienced law firm such as Rogalski Lawyers to manage your claim to ensure that claims are filed quickly, accurately and within the specified time frame.
If your injuries were caused as a direct result of employer negligence, you might be entitled to claim common law damages.
General time limits that apply for Queensland injuries:
- Statutory Claims – No-fault statutory claims must generally be lodged within six months of suffering a work related injury.
- Common-Law Claims – Injured employees must file a Notice of Claim for Damages with WorkCover Queensland, for all Common-Law claims, generally no later than three years from the date of injury.
Other time limits can also apply. This is why you need to seek expert advice at an early stage.
Each case is unique, and any compensation claim will be based on the nature of the accident and your personal circumstances. As a general guide, you may be eligible to claim for:
- The severity of your injuries.
- Your age and employment history.
- Your salary, the amount of wages lost since the accident and anticipated loss of future wages.
- Loss of superannuation.
- Medical and rehabilitation costs.
- The amount of ongoing care and assistance required in the future.
WorkCover claims are notoriously complicated, and mistakes in documentation can prove costly. Our lawyers are highly experienced in WorkCover claims and are specialists in personal injury law. We can navigate the complexities of the claims process on your behalf and alleviate your stress. If you have had a workplace accident and are considering making a claim, or have had a WorkCover claim rejected we can help. Call us today at Rogalski Lawyers for a free case assessment, and we will tell you whether you have a valid compensation claim. Alternatively, complete our online form, and one of our legal representatives will contact you within 24 hours.